LOOKING FOR A CAREER NOT A JOB?
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 0
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Must be Authorized to Work in the US & have a Valid Driver's License
Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling has been serving the greater Des Moines area with the best service in the Plumbing & HVAC industry since 1999. We have experienced significant growth every year we have been in business. We continue to grow by finding the right people and letting them do what they do best! We pride ourselves as families working for families.
We provide best in class training for our Team Members. We also provide continuing education for our team members and we also provide ongoing training to develop our Team Members!
The plumbing apprentice will provide excellent customer service, perform residential and light commercial plumbing, and provide technical explanations to non-technical clients.
Job Duties and requirements:
- Ability to perform plumbing and drain cleaning.
- Must be capable of troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and explaining all problems and options to the client.
- Must be capable of performing a thorough and accurate Plumbing inspection and communicating findings to the client.
- Ability to complete paperwork legibly.
- Ability to communicate with dispatcher and call center personnel (eg. Debrief, email, etc).
- Ability to perform calculations necessary for work and invoicing purposes.
- Must be comfortable asking for payment and collecting money and getting financing approved for clients.
- Must comply with all safety standards and processes.
- Ability to communicate the benefits of service agreements to the client.
- Must be responsible to follow up on calls as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver s license.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in close spaces.
- Must present a professional image by arriving on time, being neat and well groomed.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
We have a four step pay scale, this allows us to pay employees based on their skills and their desire to learn new skills. The scale starts at entry level with a pay of $14.00 to $30.00 per hour plus incentive pay.
- Learn hands on in our Golden Rule University training center and classroom. We will train you in our apprentice to junior tech and junior tech to senior tech programs.
- Assisted 4 year education through ABC of Iowa apprenticeship program so you can become a Journeyman in your trade.
- Pay is based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Vehicle
- Company Cellphone
- Company Tablet
- PTO - Paid Time Off
- Continuing Education