As one of the worldâ€™s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World . Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000 teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If youâ€™re passionate like us - and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen - thereâ€™s one thing to do join us.
KraftHeinz offers a generous and comprehensive benefit and compensation package:
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Starting hourly pay of $24.80
- Benefits will reflect P/T schedule
P/T less than 500 hours
Plant and Community Overview:
The Maxwell House facility employs a highly-skilled union workforce, with an average seniority of 15 years. Our most senior employees have 52 years of service!
- Opened in 1910
- 205 full time employees
- 413,000 square foot facility located on 10 acres in downtown Jacksonville
Jacksonville is the largest city in the continental United States with over 840 square miles and is located where the St. Johnâ€™s River meets the Atlantic Ocean. While home to the Jacksonville Jaguars, it is also known as a regional business center, with many museums and cultural offerings. Jacksonville is also known for its world class swimming, surfing and fishing opportunities, as well as its championship golf courses.
For more information about our Jacksonville community, visit https://www.coj.net/Job Overview:
Are you ready to join a team that produces quality products that are amongst over 50 household brands in the U.S.? Do you want to go to work each day excited to be a part of a team that values you as a person just as much as a job title â€¦.to work for a Company that values your creativity as much as your technical skills? This is the place for you to create your career and make a difference by working with a group of individuals who are as committed and dedicated as you are!
Responsibilities and Duties: Bag Attendant
Describe the broad function and scope of the position:
Responsibilities include the overall ownership of the SIG packaging line to ensure that a safe, quality product is being produced at above standard efficiency rates. Accountable for all items in job certification check sheets and all DPSâ€™s and procedures related to the job. Active team member of the work cell to improve, daily efficiencies, and upgrades to standard work methods.
Principal Line Operator Ownership:
- Be able to operate the Quality Suites System.
- Understand the overall flow of the line, and be able to utilize this understanding in maintaining quality standards and line efficiencies.
- Understand and complete all mandatory checks and input data into Quality Suites and taking action where required by product specifications.
- Must have the knowledge of calibration/verification of weight scales.
- Maintain target package weights, making adjustments as necessary.
- Must have the knowledge of verifying x-ray machine.
- Properly reject any packing materials or finished product thatâ€™s out of specification and complete related documentation.
- Maintain a knowledge of and adherence to hold up times.
- Perform proper flush and changeovers as required.
- Maintain GMP and PPE standards.
- Comply with all procedures and specifications to ensure product safety and integrity.
- Maintain all 5S programs in work area.
- Perform daily TPM activities: Cleaning, inspection, lubrication, and re-tightening of critical components on equipment.
- Clean entire line on scheduled intervals.
- Understand and help assure compliance to plant environmental programs.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the line from the coffee bin above the SIG machine to discharge conveyors to R&S, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure a quality product is being produced at high efficiency rates.
- Demonstrate the ability, and assist in all line changeovers.
- Gain knowledge and support the TPM process to identify downtime trends and make improvements to the line to improve â€œstopsâ€ and efficiencies.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of key measurements and cost drivers. Make go/no go decisions.
- Suggest improvements to help reduce costs and improve procedures.
- Comply with all procedures to help reduce cost and eliminate wastes.
- Update and revise standard work methods to minimize waste.
- Complete Kaizen events as assigned as a team member.
- Collect and review daily production schedule.
- Participate and/or facilitate Green Room meetings to review procedures, compliance, new products, new equipment/process installations and training needs.
- Demonstrate how to: start OEE (MES), log in to OEE, start new schedule, close schedule (shut-down), change schedule (change over), change downtime, add comments and change schedule information in OEE.
- Understand and able to perform all catalyst SAP transactions pertaining to job.
- Set up each line and maintain adequate supply of all pack materials.
- Notify your line coordinator/supervisor in a timely manner of shortages in materials.
- Compliance with all corporate, plant and department safety rules.
- Complete all required safety training on time.
- Support and participate on Kraft Safety and Risk Management program
- Be able to safely clear all line jams including the jams on overhead conveyors.
- Know all departmental E-Stops and LOTO devices and understand what each one shuts down.
- Remove all trash, cardboard, etc. and dispose of in accordance with plant procedures
- Keep work cell clean and free of debris (5S)
- Follow all guidelines pertaining to production procedures in order to insure a safe workplace.
- Know and understand basic concepts of â€œIL6Sâ€ and TPM
- Active participant in the QCDSM process
- Complete training certification for job bid
- Complete all TPM training
- Complete all SAP and Quality Suite training
- Complete all yearly quality refresher training
- Attend and maintain all required safety training.
- Complete standard work and Kaizen event training.
- Job Description will be evaluated and updated as needed to support business needs.